New to Spotted Dog Yoga?
Coming into a yoga studio for the first time can be overwhelming. We are dedicated to creating an experience for new students that is positive and uplifting. No one goes unseen at Spotted Dog Yoga. Remember to check out Spotted Dog Yoga’s LEARN YOGA Page.
Helpful Tips for an Amazing Experience
- It is usually best not to eat within 1 hour of a yoga class. However, if you haven’t eaten anything all day, eating a small amount of high-octane food to fuel your body is probably a good idea. Drink lots of water before and after your practice.
- If possible, arrive early to class. Allow at least 10 minutes before the start of class to check in, get changed, and get to know your community a little bit better.
- Wear comfortable, breathable clothing that you don’t mind sweating in.
- Bring a mat, towel, and water with you. If you do not have any of these things, you can rent or buy them from us.
- Leave your shoes and egos at the front door. Please utilize the shoe cubbies to the left when you first walk in.
- Stop by the front desk to sign up or check in. If you are unsure of what class type will work best for you, we are always available to answer your questions.
- We have cubbies in both yoga rooms for your belongings. Please make sure that your cell phones are turned to OFF or SILENT.
- Please avoid wearing strong scents to class. We do encourage you to wear deodorant though! It’s also important to wear clean clothes and bring freshly washed yogi toes. No one wants to be the stinky yogi.
- After class, please wipe up any of your excess sweat on the floor around your mat.
- If you rented a towel, please make sure to drop it in one of the used towel bins on your way out. If you rented a mat, please drop it off at the front desk.
- Check the class schedule and become familiar with the class descriptions.
- Download Spotted Dog Yoga’s mobile app for iTunes or Android.
Ready to learn more? Check out our ideas to help you create a strong foundation for your practice